Please contact us for more information on any of these items.
- Violin, Early Italian, Lombardy, c.1650 – XDV262306 – (price $38,000)
This beautiful and very rare early Italian violin has been restored by Andrew Dipper. It was originally purchased lacking its ribs which Mr. Dipper has skillfully replaced. The bone inlaid fingerboard and tailpiece were made by Andrew using an original 17th century model. This is a rare opportunity to own an 17th century Italian baroque violin at an reasonable price.
- Violin, Mittenwald c.1760 – TDV23166 – (price $15,000)
Finished in an exquisite honey brown color, this violin immediately catches the eye. The high arching in the belly gives it a stately, elegant look. Likewise, the tone is rich and clear, with a lyrical quality through the middle register. Both the sound and feel of this violin can charm the Baroque novice or convince those already versed in historical practice. Crafted in the historic Mittenwald school, this instrument has been artfully restored by Dipper Restorations.
- Violin, Johann Gottfried Hamm, Marknuekirchen 1780 – XDV84 – (price $14,000)
Johann Gottfried Hamm was a preeminent maker in the Markneukirchen school. Active during the late 18th century, a boom time for the production of musical instruments, Hamm is especially notable for the high standard of craftsmanship and classical stringency in his instruments. He is still respected as the most important maker in the Klingenthal family. This gorgeous instrument is a perfect representation of his work. Exquisitely varnished in a deep brown, it makes a striking impression. The sound is rich and clear, particularly in the lower registers. Its lyrical quality is unmistakable. This instruments has been artfully restored in the Dipper workshop.
- Violin, Jay Haide “Guarneri” El Cerrito 2016 – DV340 – (price $2,800)
This violin was crafted in Beijing and varnished at the shop of Jay Ifshin in El Cerrito, California. It was set up for Baroque playing in the workshop of master instrument restorer Andrew Dipper. The transformative process included resetting the neck angle, reconfiguring the fingerboard, and setting up the instrument entirely with uniquely-Baroque fittings. The exquisite bridge was completely hand-carved from scratch and fitted perfectly to the violin. The instrument has a clear, pure sound and speaks with great ease. It is perfect for anybody who is looking for a beautiful Baroque sound in a modern, pristinely-crafted violin.
- Viola, 15 1/4″ Sebastian Dallinger, Vienna 1776 – DVA265 (price $14,500)
Beautifully restored by Andrew Dipper, this viola projects with refinement, depth and power. Dalinger was a central figure in the Viennese musical community during his lifetime (b.1735, d. 1809), producing many fine instruments. The sound is very broad on the C and G strings, and sweet in the upper range. Whether the musician is an experienced baroque performer seeking to project their sound, or someone just coming into the specialty who wants to explore the range of sound early instruments can offer, this is an excellent viola.
- Viola, Specially Set up Jay Haide, 2016 -DVA263 (price $3,700)
This viola was set up for Baroque playing in the workshop of historic instrument specialist, Andrew Dipper, including adjusting the neck angle, reconfiguring the fingerboard, and setting up the instrument entirely with historically appropriate Baroque fittings made in the Dipper workshop. This is the most affordable way to own an viola that will be an aid to correct baroque performance practice and an historically based sound and response.
- Violin, Transitional, Original, Thomas Tubbs, Stamped Betts, c.1850, 55.3g/73.3cm – TDVB06 (Call for Price)
- Violin Bow: Classical, Thomas Tubbs “Betts” (w/cert) – DVB303 (price $3,200.00)
- Violin Bow: Andrew Dipper, Dodd, Cramer style – DVB301 (price $3,200.00)
- Violin Bow: A Dipper, Baroque French Snakewood, Canelated – DVB280 (price $3,200.00)
- Violin Bow: A Dipper, Baroque Italian Amourette Canelated – DVB279 (price $3,200.00)
- Violin Bow: Andrew Dipper, Ashmolean No.27, Mpls. 2014 – DVB220 (price $2,200.00)
- Violin Bow: Andrew Dipper, Stradvari Model – DVB259 (price $3,200.00)
- Violin Bow: Classical, Mirecourt c. 1800 -DVB247 (price $2,200.00)
- Viola Bow: Andrew Dipper, Corrette Model – DVAB138 (price $2,600.00)
- Viola Bow: Andrew Dipper, Dodd model, 55.1g/75.7cm – DVAB123 (price $2,200.00)
- Viola bow: Andrew Dipper, Dodd model – DVAB124 (price $2,200)
- Cello Bow: Andrew Dipper, Tourte Model with Pointille Work, 69.7g/70.2cm – DCLB030 (price $3,200.00)
- Cello Bow: Transitional, Andrew Dipper, F.X. Tourte Model, 80.5g/70.1cm – DCLB047 (price $3,200.00)
- Cello Bow: Transitional, Andrew Dipper, F.X. Tourte Model, 79.8g/70.6cm – DCLB048 (price $3,200.00)
- Cello Bow: Baroque – Andrew Dipper French Model 1740-60 – DCLB068 (price $3,200.00)
- Bass Bow: Baroque Andrew Dipper – DBB100 (price $3,200.00)
- Bass Bow: Baroque Andrew Dipper- DBB101 (price $3,200.00)
- Bass Bow: Baroque Andrew Dipper – DBB102 (price $3,200.00)