These books are available for order through Andrew Dipper Restorations.
- A limited number of copies of Andrew Dipper’s latest book, LIBREM SEGRETI DE BVTTEGHA, ‘A Book Of Workshop Secrets’: The Violin And Its Fabrication In Italy Circa 1725-1790, has just been printed! This book is a translation by Andrew Dipper of a rare 18th century manuscript on violin making, which is now part of the Fondo Patetta of the Bibioteca Apostolica Vaticana. Typeset and illustrated by the author, it contains his footnotes, explanations, illustrations and interpretations of the manuscript’s historic secrets, rules, and formulas. See some sample pages below.
- Musical Instruments of the Violin Family and the Geometry and Positioning of Cutting Out their F-shaped Sound Holes. Ed. Andrew Dipper, 1996.
- Co-translation of Count Cozio de Salabue: Notes on Violin Making and Adjustment. Taynton Press, 1985. Used copies occasionally available.
- Co-translation of The Secrets of Stradivari. Libreria del Convegno, Cremona, 1978.*
*This book is now available in reprint.
- “The use of mineral ground coatings for violin varnish”, Violin Society of America Journal. 1993, Vol. XIII, No. 2.
- “Issues of Restoration, Conservations and Repair”, Violin Society of America Journal. 1991, Vol. XII, No. 2.
- “The Geometric Construction of the violin forms of Antonio Stradivari”, Violin Society of America Journal. 1988, Vol. X, No. 2.
- “A Strad is Born”, The Woodworker. January, 1983.
- Da Bologna a Stradivari. Il percorso europeo di Giuseppe Fiorini. “The European journeys of Giuseppe Fiorini” Pages 22-27
- Fiorini and the modern school of violin making Edizioni Novecento, Bologna, 2011.
- “The King Cello and the Painted Decorations on the Amati Instruments Made for the Court of France, 1560-1574”
- Violin Society of American Journal, Summer 2006, Vol. XX, No.2. Page 15
- “History Man” Biographical article in the “STRAD MAGAZINE” February 2002
- “A Cosmological View”, Journal of Art Education #5 1985
- Publisher and compiler, “Useful Arts” (historical pamphlet series on varnishing, gilding and dyeing), 3 vols., 1982
- “Structure in Events” Gallery House Press, 1974
- “Towards an Understanding of Within”, Studio International, 1972